Thursday 21 November 2013

I'm a winner

A few months ago I won a trip for two to Belfast. To be honest, I can't remember when and where I took part in the competition, but I was of course delighted! It included return flights from Gatwick with Aer Lingus and two nights at the Ramada Plaza and a complimentary dinner.
Seafood chowder and lamb seekh kebab for starters; massive lamb shank and venison sausages
On Saturday morning, I met up with one of the hotel's representatives to have a look at the conference facilities - I might as well, if I am already on site! And she won me over in an instant! Partly, because she thought I was Australian - people cannot possibly imagine what an awesome compliment that is for me!

Aside from that, she was very much the kind of person, I would like to be myself in my interactions with people. Exuding warmth, being personable and open and most of all being positive and excited about life. Quite possibly because I myself used to be feel very awkward in social situations (nowadays, I only feel slightly awkward...), meeting people who seem to find this very easy and also make it very easy for the other person, impress me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment