Sunday 24 November 2013

the bestest compliment

After I had a bit of a disaster at my usual hairdresser during the summer (I need to add that Joel wasn't available, so I had an appointment with one of his colleagues), I had to find a new place. And after spending a considerable time googling and consulting Wahanda, I picked Bar Hairdressing, a short walk from our office, near Barbican/Farringdon.

I had a very chatty Spanish hairdresser. For once, I didn't go for a drastic change, more of a trim really. But this story is not actually about the haircut or even the salon.

My hairdresser was talking Spanish to Brent, who owns the salon. I was very impressed with Brent's Spanish and asked where he learned it. Seems he just has a talent for languages (and knows/knew a lot of Spanish girls...). Brent then asked whether I was ... AUSTRALIAN!!! But most importantly, he IS Australian himself! Most English-speaking people don't seem to be able to place my accent, and a few English people have asked whether I am from Australia. But this is the first time an Australian thought I was a fellow Aussie.

Ahhhhhhh, good times! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment