Friday 8 November 2013

Like thunder

I'm not a Jessie J fan per se. But I'm not one to turn down an invite! The Brighton Centre offered two tickets for a number of gigs at their venue and Jessie J was really the only one I could make (and Russell Brand - but I find him rather obnoxious and those are actually tickets I probably WOULD turn down...).

The evening started with a tour round the event space at the Old Ship Hotel - where we also staying for the night. We recently held an event there, which I had organized but hadn't attended myself. It was lovely to finally meet the Event Manager Anya face to face, after we had exchanged so many emails! And she was just as lovely in person as she had been in helping organizing the event.

We then moved on for a tour of the Brighton Centre, followed by a buffet dinner before we then moved on to one of the VIP boxes from where (comfortably seated and provided with drinks) we were watching Jessie J's gig as well as a couple of women getting into a fist fight...

And I really enjoyed it (not the women fighting!)! Great light show, loved the confetti rain, fireworks, and Jessie's show. While she was having costume changes, they showed videos, which - to be honest - were a little cheesy and preachy (about love and life and the like) - but positive messages nevertheless which might well reach her teenage audience.


phones at the ready - Jessie J is about to rock the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment