Thursday 21 November 2013

German kisses

a little piece of deliciousness
Oh, the joy and excitement when we came across a little market stall selling 'German kisses' on the Christmas market in Belfast. German kisses are 'Schokokuesse' and are made of sweetened egg white foam (according to wikipedia) covered in chocolate and with a waffle style base. They are very popular in Germany, and are a must at any kid's birthday party. And even more excitingly, they come in different flavours. In supermarkets, you usually just get the normal ones and they just vary in terms of the chocolate they are covered with (white, milk, dark chocolate). In a village near where I grew up, they had a Schokokuss factory which produced all sorts of flavours.

And to my delight, the market stall offered them in all those exciting flavours, too (black forest cherry anyone?)! I was seriously tempted to buy a box of ten - but didn't really want to carry the box around with me... So, in the end, I settled for one with woodruff flavour! I had to, didn't I?

I'm very hopeful that they will also sell them at the London Winter Wonderland which opens on 22 November. And at the Bruges Christmas market which I will visit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment