Sunday 10 November 2013

I passed!

I managed to get through the last few modules quite quickly and am now proudly (well, not really proudly) certified! I kind of feel that I now should at least Teach English as a Foreign Language once in my life...

You gotta love the authors of this online course. On passing the final exam, as part of the congratulations, it said: "Bet you feel smarter than a monkey in a tux." I'm not sure how smart a MONKEY in a tux really is - but that probably is a reasonable comparison for the amount of effort I put into this course...

One of my favourite modules was on grammar. I suppose I've always enjoyed the structure and logic that comes with learning grammar rules. Yes, I am a little geek... I was also very pleased that I remembered it all from my English lessons - rather than having to go through the units in that module.

Admittedly, the grammar test also included a multiple choice test, which came with possible answers like: "Teaching grammar is a waste of time and effort." ... What can I say: feeling smarter than a monkey in a tux!


No comments:

Post a Comment