Friday 22 November 2013

Sushi making at the Jumeirah

The Buyers' Networking Club (BNC) invited to a Sushi making masterclass at the Jumeirah in London. I had actually never heard of this hotel group - quite possibly cause it's a 5* hotel... And (for work) we wouldn't  use a 5* property for our events. It's a short a walk from Knightsbridge station and you wander past all the posh designer stores to get there. A different world!

Anyhow, we were enjoying the sushi and delicious finger food and got a quick show round the hotel, including their Royal Suite - which was simply amazing!!! I think it was probably the nicest and most spacious suite I've seen so far. Well, at £9,000 per night, you wouldn't expect any less!

As a special guest they had a make up artist and his team on site. Always happy to have a make-over, I let lovely Jenny was layering the make up on me. The close up photos she took of my face look seriously terrifying: super pale, with lines clearly visible around my eyes and a massive nose...

I don't think I will replicate the look. But she did give me some helpful tips which I will try to apply. And probably fail miserably...



No comments:

Post a Comment