Thursday 21 November 2013

Just Belfast

On Sunday it was pissing down with rain... So, we decided to go on one of the bus tours across the city. I have to say that until this year, I NEVER went on city bus tours, but I am actually really enjoying them. This one had a live guided commentary. Thanks to the rain and the cold, it was a little hard to see through the steamed up windows... but the tour was still very interesting (don't ask me for any facts though....). By the way, I also love the Northern Irish accent!

It's incomprehensible for me to think that The Troubles were still going on in this city only a few years ago. I cannot imagine a life under those circumstances. Apparently it's now the safest (or one of the safest) cities in the UK....

Queen's University

The Cathedral
The Europa hotel - famous for having been bombed 28 times during The Troubles
Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment