Saturday 2 November 2013

Obnoxiously pleased with myself

I'm a sucker for praise. Ask me nicely, throw in a compliment and flatter my ego, and I'd pretty much do anything for you (yes, this is a bit of a weakness at times...).

I know it is probably a bit obnoxious to write about this here, but a) not many people actually read my blog and b) the blog doubles up as my diary, and one day, when I read through this again, it will be nice to be reminded.

One of the volunteers of the Society I work for, is stepping down at the end of the year from his role as an officer. I've been working very closely with him over the last two years. For our newsletter, I had drafted a report on his behalf, looking back at his time, highlighting the work we've been doing. I then sent it over to him for any changes or comments.

Writing these kind of articles really isn't my strength (which gives you an idea about how realistic my ambition of becoming a writer is...) and I was quite surprised that he didn't change much. But he did add this at the end:

"My work, and that of the Committee, has been very ably supported by XX (that's me!), 
to whom I am indebted for outstanding support for our meetings, and without whom we could not have made anything like as much progress over the past two years."

Lovely, right?
And - to be even more obnoxious - may I add that he is one of these people who have very high expectations and are not easy to please.

No comments:

Post a Comment