Wednesday 13 November 2013

Speedy Stitch Bitch

Before my Friday evening sewing class, I went for a quick drink with a colleague. Turns out that a little bit of alcohol makes me sew faster! And even though I was late for my class (oops...), I'm nearly done with my skirt. Now that the casing is attached to the skirt and the drawstring and elastics are inserted, it actually is recognizable as a skirt! And I learned how to sew a drawstring!

Nevertheless, I will never be wearing it. It still looks hideous... I am taking comfort from the fact that everyone else's skirts look equally hideous. It's simply the pattern. Or at least that's what I like to think.

And regarding the blog post title: I messaged my colleague to say that I'd been sewing really fast and she replied with 'speedy stitch' - which I first  read as 'speedy bitch'... It's all very informal at work, but I did think that was a little cheeky - until I of course realized what she had actually written.

No comments:

Post a Comment