Sunday 23 March 2014

And some more impressions from France

  • You've got to eat crepes when in France! The crepe carbonara had probably as many calories as my weekly dinners taken all together. (I didn't eat the raw egg)
  • French cider just tastes so much better than English cidre. And it doesn't give me a headache either.
  • All French smoke. Well, a lot anyway. It really made me crave a cigarette... (I resisted)
  • My French is still pretty good - I was able to understand more than I thought and even got a few sentences out.
  • French movies can be funny but not really comparable to American or British movies. Ok, I restrict my judgement to the comedies that I watched.
  • French dress the opposite to English: as soon as there is a ray of sunshine over here, the shorts and tank tops come out. Even though it was nearly 20C, the French were still all wearing their winter coats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment