Monday 31 March 2014

Lent 2014 - an update

Three weeks to go until Easter and I am pleased to say that I am doing surprisingly well with my plans for lent 2014:

- as predicted: I can't not swear. But I'm swearing a lot less and more importantly: more consciously. Sometimes I decide it's good to have a bit of a rant. And sometimes, I decide it's better not to swear. But the f* word doesn't just accidentally slip out. Interestingly, it's also made me much more aware of other people's swearing. And I realize how little I like hearing it. So, I really shouldn't be saying it myself, should I?

- Ok, I was doing very well on the no clothes shopping. Even in Lyon! But on the weekend, I went underwear shopping. Which is ok, I did need new underwear. Really!
On the fabric shopping front I've so far failed miserably though. Today I had my last sewing class. Which means I need a new project to work on!

- Since using the Water your Body app, I've been drinking at least 1.8 litres every day. Tick! (yes, yes, I've only been doing this for a few days...)

- I've definitely been watching less telly, too. Primarily, as I haven't been home that much... but I also switch the TV on less often, and for example listen to music instead. So, that's going well, too.

All on track! And I expect I will stick to most of the above (except for the shopping...) even after Easter.

inspired by my visit to the Zoo ;-)
There was more in the bag, too, which I won't share though.
Not even sure why I am showing you this....

No comments:

Post a Comment