Saturday 15 March 2014

Honing my strudel making skills

I have got to say it once again: I love the perks that my job is offering me! Dinner at the Langham one day, and at the Austrian Embassy the next.

Since 1866, the embassy has been housed on Belgrave Square and already the walk there from Knightsbridge station is a treat: designer stores with inviting window displays, posh cars and beautiful mansions. The embassy itself is a place of amazing beauty, too. The drinks reception was held in the rooms on the first floor - my pictures don't do the place any justice! The Ambassador, Dr Emil Brix, and his wife welcomed us warmly and joined us for dinner.

In addition to a three course menu, we were given a strudel making demonstration. Safe to say that I won't even attempt to make my own strudel at home. No way I could ever get the pastry thin enough to be able to read a newspaper through it....

Perfect place for entertaining guests
Frittatensoup; Tafelspitz, apple strudel

No comments:

Post a Comment