Sunday 30 March 2014

Round and round

Another showcase event at London Zoo. After it had pissing down with rain during the afternoon and with a meeting scheduled at 16:30, I had actually decided to give this one a miss. But then suddenly the sun made a reappearance and my meeting finished earlier than expected!

To be honest, other than the penguins, I didn't see any of the animals. Probably better as well, as I find the London Zoo a rather sad affair... They also have a baby penguin at the moment. It was a bit bizarre though to see him in this box. Is it really kept like this???

Anyhow, main reason for my attendance was to catch up with C who I hadn't seen in months. So that was lovely. Another highlight was the ride on their traditional carousel - you know those like the one in Mary Poppins! I'm not even sure I've ever been on one. Should have taken a photo really, shouldn't I?! Instead, I only have a photo of the goody bag:

Cooling bag; Cajun Spice BBQ Rub (random); bottle; bottle holder;
and the green ball has a rain poncho inside

No comments:

Post a Comment