Saturday 8 March 2014

I'm so happy I could cry

Do you know this feeling?
I'm not sure what exactly it is at the moment, but I see or experience wonderful things - most of them 'small'  - that move me to tears all the time. I'm also surprising myself with how happy other people's happiness is making me. It's the best crying there is :-)

As I found out, there is even a word for it: compersion: "an empathetic state of happiness and joy experienced when another individual experiences happiness and joy. It is sometimes identified with parents' pride in their children's accomplishments or one's own excitement for friends' and others' successes" (from Wikipedia).

It is also such a relief to remind myself that other people's issues are for them to deal with and there is just no need to make them mine. Very simple things can make massive differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment