Wednesday 26 March 2014

Foody Tuesday

Eating out twice in a day has pushed me to my stomach's limit! But the food was so delicious.

For lunch, I met R who took me to Polpo in Smithfield, just a short walk from our office. They have other branches in Soho and Covent Garden, too. It's a darkish, quirky place, unfortunately gets rather noisy quickly. Also very popular - it got really busy. The menu consists of little dishes - I'd describe it as Italian tapas. Unfortunately, I have no photos for you. But the food was delicious! We didn't have any of the pizzettes - but they looked really nice. I'll definitely try them on my next visit (and there certainly will be a next visit!). The flourless orange and almond cake and the rhubarb and pistachio panacotta pushed me over the edge (we shared desserts - I am not that greedy after all!). I haven't felt this full in a long time!

Then for dinner, I met V at Harry's Bar (the one near Bank station), who have a special deal on where you get 50% of the food menu, if you order at least two courses. The restaurant is in the basement, also very nicely decorated with great service. Food was also excellent and with the discount a real bargain!

Smoked salmon and prawns; broccoli soup with Stilton;
fettuccine with broccoli and almonds; risotto with prawns, peas and mint

No comments:

Post a Comment