Friday 14 March 2014

*delete*

It's hard to imagine, but there was a time, when people wrote each other letters. When I was a teenager, there was this service where you could buy addresses for penfriends from all over the world. One of my penfriend who lived in Thailand always sent me cute little stationary-gifts. And one of my cousins was a very avid writer, and so were a couple of my friends from school. I kept most of them and have a whole box (somewhere... I think it's at my parents).

Slowly but surely, I received fewer letters and more emails. And so I started 'collecting' emails. Much more space-saving, too!

The other day though, I was questioning, why I am keeping them all. A lot of the stuff I am currently reading about, is about letting go. Surely, all the good memories, will always be in my heart (or if they happened in the last three years on my blog, too). And all the bad stuff - would I want to be reminded of them when re-reading about them?

The jury is still out on what my 'policy' on deleting and keeping stuff is, but I have started to delete some folders. It just felt right.

No comments:

Post a Comment