Tuesday 4 March 2014

Shrove Tuesday

I love pancakes. And since I figured out how to make them without wasting time on measuring the flour and milk (and just pour everything together), I actually make them quite regularly at home. Today on Shrove Tuesday aka Pancake day, I treated myself to pancakes at Shutterbug in Shoreditch though - recommended by Time Out, the Metro and Sunday Brunch!

The place was packed and is rather small to start with, but fortunately I had managed to reserve a table. I was so hungry, that I forgot to take a picture of the savoury ones... They were both delicious (we shared): pulled pork with cheese and pickles and goats cheese with spinach and fig relish. YUMMY!!!!
For dessert, the three of us shared: lemon & sugar (still not used to this typically British combo), maple syrup and blueberries and red velvet with chocolate and strawberries. Again, all of them were very tasty.

Their menu is usually even more extensive, in anticipation of the crowds today, they were offering a shorter menu. I will definitely be back to try more. And it's only a 20 minute walk from my office. As probably most places in Shoreditch, it's a very trendy place, attracting (clearly!) trendy people.

This is what you missed, Tash - and we missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment