Monday 24 March 2014

Brunch over breakfast anytime!

I never eat breakfast. I leave the house even without a coffee - which I then have when I get to the office. And yes, I know that breakfast apparently is the most important meal of the day. But I simply cannot bring myself to eat anything. I've tried. And it didn't go well.

Brunch on the other hand, is a different matter altogether. In Germany, brunch usually means though a kind of buffet that is made up of breakfast AND lunch dishes. Whereas in the UK, restaurants have special brunch menus. I do prefer the buffet variety. But you've got to make the most of what is on offer!

And 100 Hoxton has a short but very nice menu.


From left to right: Buttermilk & Maple French toast with crispy bacon, fried eggs, tomatoes and salad; for sharing: burnt egg plant salad with toasted coconut, apple, beetroot, cherry tomatoes and hazelnuts; and for S: vegetarian breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment